Thursday, April 21, 2011

Im so thankful...


Our spring flowers
This past weekend I spent two days creating an outdoor living space for the four of us to enjoy.  I love this time of year when the leaves are coming out and everything turns green.  This year we have a good mixture of different shrubs, flowers and bushes (most of which have incredible blooms).  Two of the new comers to the backyard are rose bushes.  We planted a yellow rose bush in honor of my mother-in-law, Mama Lou and a pink rose bush in honor of my mother, Nanny Phyllis.  These are two incredible women whom I absolutely adore and I can never repay the love we receive from the two of them.  We love having Mama Lou in our home (not to mention she thinks I am funny).  She is always welcome anytime she wants to come.  Even though Nanny Phyllis does not get to visit as often, she spends many hours on the phone with us and we appreciate the time we do get to spend with her.

I am lucky to have a wife like Anna who is full of honor and always demonstrates her Christ likeness.  Anna models her life after the strong example of her parents.  We love you Anna and I know your heart is where is it supposed to be.  I am looking forward to the summer months and everything we have planned.  I mostly enjoy the balance you bring to our home.  THANK YOU for being YOU!!! I wouldn't have it any other way.  Our recent trip to VA was only the start to a fun summer.  You deserve a good time and I am going to make sure you have one!  There are greater things yet to come.....  Yes I will take you to New York City and yes we will see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. 

I am thankful for our home, the opportunities I have to teach and my recent promotion at my full time job.  I am thankful for the ability to experience life to its fullest and experience Christ abundantly.  I am thankful for my two wonderful children.  I am thankful for the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the eternal salvation I have in him alone.  I am thankful for his mercy and undeserving love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment