Friday, September 23, 2011

The Joy of Being a Leonard

We have been blessed so much this past year and I know the Lord has clearly had His hands on our lives.  Anna is thriving (like she does at everything) at teaching and will soon complete her Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education.  We are thankful for her commitment over the past five years for being a stay at home Mom, but God has allowed her to return to work.  AMEN!  Anna continues to be the shining star God created her to be and makes everyone consistently involved in her life very proud.

My Girl is the sweetest two year old ever.  I love her more than I could have ever imagined possible.  My best time with Emily is sharing ice cream at Dairy Queen after school.  We usually don't tell the other two, because its our special time and they don't need to know.  I look forward to fixing Emily's hair and occasionally painting her toe nails.   

My little young man is totally the coolest kid on the block.  Andrew is respectful, smart, good looking, and for the most part makes other five year old's look dumb (okay that is not true, but funny).  He is learning his sight words very quickly and thinks he knows how to snap his fingers even though we don't hear anything. 

I am still the same me, which is a blessing for everyone!! In order to celebrate I think I am going to buy a flat screen TV.  Yep, it is now out and in the open.  I said to myself, "Pete....  why a flat screen, why now?"  So of course I answered myself, "Pete....  because you can and you should."   So after class tonight, I will make the purchase.  This is only one of two of flat screens coming to North 25th Dale.  Our recent bedroom revamp now allows for 50" to 60" TV over our LOVE sofa.  Nice!!! Can a happy couple like us ask for anything more exciting?  Probably,  but for right now it is about the TV.

One final thought...  Thank you Shannon for allowing God to move in heart.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hair??? Nails???? You need to have a talk with Luke, who has never done either of those things! Hope you love the TV! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The TV is great. Now we just need the 60 inch for the bedroom. Working on that one! Regarding the hair and nails... Luke has no excuse. This is bonding time between you and him. He should brush your hair and do your nails at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete